The Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Easy-to-use dedicated GPS Navigator with dual- display
- Preloaded with detailed maps of the Namibia
- Driver alerts for increased awareness, including sharp turns, speed changes and more
- Garmin Real Directions features guides like using landmarks and traffic lights etc
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops, fuel stations and more
- The Tracks for Africa Map loaded on each GPS is packed with detail for the self drive traveller. It covers many aspects like where to stay, eat, shopping, fuel, money matters, emergencies and obviously what to see and do when you visit a place.
- Tracks for Africa Maps cover more than 85,000 points of interest ranging from activities, attractions to fuel stops and emergency services. They have accommodation such as hotels, guest lodges, backpackers as well as the most comprehensive listing of camp sites in Africa.
- Not only is the GPS useful when travelling to your next destination but also to get assistance when necessary by being able to provide us or any emergency service with the co ordinates found on the GPS.
GPS satellites circle the earth twice a day in a very precise orbit and transmit signal information to earth. GPS receivers take this information and use trilateration to calculate the user's exact location. Essentially, the GPS receiver compares the time a signal was transmitted by a satellite with the time it was received. The time difference tells the GPS receiver how far away the satellite is. Now, with distance measurements from a few more satellites, the receiver can determine the user's position and display it on the unit's electronic map.
A GPS receiver must be locked on to the signal of at least 3 satellites to calculate a 2-D position (latitude and longitude) and track movement. With four or more satellites in view, the receiver can determine the user's 3-D position (latitude, longitude and altitude). Once the user's position has been determined, the GPS unit can calculate other information, such as speed, bearing, track, trip distance, distance to destination, sunrise and sunset time and more.
- Rental price per day: N$ 65.00. Please book in advance in order to guarantee availability.
- Please Note that the Excess in case of loss, theft and damages is N$ 2 500